After Kristina’s amazing pancake recipe we asked her if she has any other LBL tips and tricks up her sleeve and boy she did not disappoint!
As a 5-time
- 1kg potatoes
- 115g plain flour
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 mins or until spuds are soft when pierced with a
kife. Let cool for 30 mins.
- Peel potatoes, mash til smooth, then press a quarter of the potato mixture through a sieve into a bowl. Repeat, a quarter at a time, until smooth.
- Add flour as required to make a firm, slightly sticky dough, then cut into four even portions.
- Roll each portion on a lightly floured surface into a 2cm thick log. Using a lightly floured knife cut each portion into 2cm pieces. Gently press the sides of each piece to form little pillows.
- Bring a large shallow saucepan of water to the boil. Cook the gnocchi in batches of a quarter for 2-3 minutes each, or until pillows rise to the surface.
Hungry yet? To be honest, I’m (Natasha) waiting for Kristina to host a second Dine Below the Line so I can try this gnocchi!
Stay tuned for a lot more recipes coming out over the next few weeks - we’re here to get your tummies rumbling and inspired for Live Below the Line!
Haven’t signed up yet? Ooops, no biggie! You can do it right now and start prepping for your own LBL gnocchi feast.